ASC Advocacy Manager
Please send your CV in English and Chinses to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of "Program Head, Diabetes Research Application" before August 31, 2018.
About The George Institute
The George Institute for Global Health is an internationally-recognized health research organization, undertaking high-impact research across a broad landscape. Affiliated with several leading universities in Australia, Asia and the UK, the Institute is a global leader in research and policy on the prevention and treatment of common chronic and critical conditions such as diabetes, heart disease and trauma.
The Institute was established in 1999 and employs a global network of leading medical experts across a range of specialties, as well as other health professionals with expertise in research design, project management and statistical analysis. With a respected voice among global health agencies, the Institute has attracted significant funding support from governments, foundations and corporations in support of its work. The George Institute’s research is regularly published in the top tier of academic journals internationally and contributes to clinical and public health policy worldwide.
Our mission is to improve the health of people worldwide by:
· Providing the best evidence to guide critical health decisions
· Engaging with decision makers to enact real change
· Targeting global epidemics, particularly of chronic diseases and injury
· Focusing on vulnerable populations in both rich and poor countries
In achieving that mission, we are committed to ensuring the integration of good business practices throughout all our operations.
The Institute has grown rapidly since its inception, and currently employs approximately 450 staff at its headquarters in Sydney. The George Institute also has offices in India, China and the UK. Research is currently conducted at around 300 collaborating centres in approximately 50 countries worldwide.
The George Institute is made up of several research and development themes, divisions and programs that oversee numerous large-scale international and regional projects funded by a diverse range of sponsors, both public and private. The George Institute has also established a number of social enterprises that provide services to clients in the healthcare, pharmaceutical and biotechnology sectors worldwide. In the current financial year, the Institute’s gross revenue is expected to total around $60 million, making it one of the largest medical research institutes in Australia.
The George Institute is dedicated to the recruitment, development, and retention of the best people from around the world. The pursuit of academic, scientific and operational excellence in a “can do” culture is actively promoted in all our activities. For more information about the Institute, visit www.georgeinstitute.org
Action on Salt China (ASC) is a UK-China Collaboration Unit funded by National Institute of Health Research (NIHR) in UK. It aims to develop and implement a comprehensive salt reduction program in China during 2017 to 2021. The George Institute of China is the leading agency for ASC project in China, in collaboration with Queen Mary University of London and several Chinese governmental organizations.
ASC Advocacy Manager will be responsible for managing the advocacy & communication activities for ASC project, including developing and implementing an effective strategy to disseminate and communicate the project information and research outputs to the related stakeholders, as well as conducting advocacy work to ensure maximum impact of the research results and long-term sustainability of the project impact of ASC.
The ASC Project Manager will report to the Lead, Nutrition team
Duties and Key Responsibilities
As ASC Advocacy Manager:
· Develop ASC’s advocacy and communication strategy to disseminate the evidence-based ASC outputs and salt reduction related research findings;
· Establish an effective mechanism to conduct effective research uptake and dissemination activities for ASC project;
· Maintain and strengthen the existing ASC communication tools, such as the website and quarterly newsletter, and also to explore new approaches to document ASC progress and achievements as well as to spread the advanced salt and health knowledge;
· Provide advocacy support to the activities of Salt Reduction Working Group, especially to the engagement of food industry, catering sectors, media and the public to reduce salt;
· Conduct studies on the advocacy & communication approaches from CASH and WASH to reduce population salt intake, develop and implement a strategy fitting into China’s context;
· Align with WASH and CASH’s (and other organizations) advocacy & communication activities, to launch salt awareness campaigns in China;
· Communicate with NIHR on the ASC implementation issues, including the development of various project reports in accordance with the NIHR’s reporting timeline;
· Contribute to the development of new grant applications to sustain ASC’s outcome and impact;
· Contribute to advocacy and promotional activities of TGI China’s nutrition team.
As a Team Member:
· Participate in team meetings and activities
· Participate in objective setting and performance management
· Participate in special projects to improve processes, tools, systems and organization of GI China
Occupational Health and Safety
· Comply with OH&S legislation and operate in accordance with established OH&S practice and procedures at The George Institute
· Promote and contribute to a safe, secure environment for staff and visitors
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
· A medical science or related health professional background is desirable:
· Years of experience working in an international organization specializing in public health:
· Demonstrated skills and competencies on advocacy & communication on public health topics:
· Strong understanding of the global health agenda, especially the NCD policy and strategies, and China’s practice and plan as well;
· Excellent attention to detail and strong focus on quality of work
· Demonstrated experience in producing communication and content for various audiences
· Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to easily build rapport with a variety of stakeholders
· Capacity to work both flexibly and autonomously, in small teams and with a wide range of varying stakeholders (internal and external)
· Understanding of China’s healthcare environment.
· A strong commitment to quality and professionalism
· Excellent English language writing and communication skills
· Well organised with good time management skills
· Strong general administration skills and experience
· Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office particularly Word, Power point and Excel.
Please send your CV in English and Chinses to email@example.com with the subject of "ASC Advocacy Manager" before August 31, 2018.
Type of career: Jobs
Application close date: 31/08/2018