Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager – George Clinical China
A vacancy exists for an experienced Business Development Manager in George Clinical China. Reporting to the General Manager for China this is a key role to drive overall development and sales.
About George Clinical
George Clinical is the leading independent CRO in the Asia Pacific Region with operations in Australia, China, India, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Malaysia. We employ over 180 staff in the region and offer full service CRO capabilities. In China we employ 50 staff based in Beijing, Shanghai, Harbin, Chengdu, Wuhan, Shengyang and Changsha. We offer excellent working conditions and terms, a competitive salary with sales bonus and the benefits of working with a world class research organisation.
George Clinical is part of The George Institute for Global Health which was established in 1999 as an independent not-for-profit organization dedicated to the prevention and management of non-communicable diseases and injury, through domestic and international programs.
The George Institute has grown rapidly since its inception, with offices in Australia, India, China and the UK and currently employs approximately 400 people.
Key accountabilities are:
• Further establishing George Clinical as a known and respected provider of contract research services in China to Pharmaceutical and Device companies and to establish a pipeline of opportunities to achieve targeted sales
• Develop and implementing business development strategies for the target market(s)
• Contributing to the regional BD plan including country level plans, utilising both country and global research and operational leaders in BD activities
• Engaging with external parties as required to increase George Clinical’s profile including but not limited to conference organisers and academic groups in support of business development activities
• Leading and managing the sales process for lead generation, follow up and closure
• Working with George Clinical Operations and Management Group to define and implement strategies to support the sales process
• Identifying and attending appropriate conferences and trade shows to create business opportunities
• Managing key accounts by:
- assisting in the management of the RFP process and working closely with the George Clinical teams to develop high quality proposals
- working closely with customers during and following proposal submission (including scope changes) and assist with negotiation of contract award
- managing all accounts with respect to overall service satisfaction and response time
Suitable qualified candidates will have:
• Demonstrable experience (at least five years) in business development and marketing with a strong track record of achievement of sales targets in the CRO market.
• Fluent in English and Mandarin
• Experience in, and in-depth knowledge of, the clinical research industry
• Strategic selling capabilities allied with very strong customer focus
• Excellent communication and networking skills with an established client base
• Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
• Highly motivated team player yet able to work independently
• Strong problem solving, analytical skills and strategic thinking abilities
• Ability to be flexible and adaptable with a “can-do” attitude and willingness to travel
• Well organized, good time management skills and ability to prioritise
Type of career: Jobs
Application close date: 08/09/2015