Director, Governments, Markets and Communities for Health Program
Exciting new senior leadership role to influence population health through changes in policy, market and community action
The George Institute for will soon embark on its 2025 strategic plan. The three core priorities will underpin this plan:
- Finding better treatments for the world’s most important health problems
- Transforming primary healthcare to deliver better health to more people
- Harnessing the power of governments, markets and communities to improve people’s health
The appointee will be responsible for global leadership of the Global Program related to the Strategic Priority “Harnessing the power of governments, markets and communities to improve people’s health”. The priorities for this Global Program include the development of innovative approaches to increasing the positive impact of:
- governments on population health;
- the commercial sector on population health; and
- communities on their own health.
The incumbent will work with our excellent global team on:
- Increasing the revenue in support of this Global Program of research
- Increasing the quality and quantity of research being conducted
- Increasing the quantity and quality or research outputs, including influential publications
- Ensuring maximum impact of the research outputs on policy and practice
This post is for an initial 3 year term. Ideally, the preferred candidate will be located in one of the Institute’s worldwide offices but this may be negotiable.
We are seeking a leading researcher with expertise in influencing population health through changes in policy, market influences and community action. The appointee will have strong strategic skills, a collaborative and engaging style and global outlook. Strong leadership with a passion for our mission and a focus on disadvantaged communities globally is required.
The George Institute is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women; Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people; people who identify as LGBTIQ; mature-aged adults and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Type of career: Jobs
Country: Location: Flexible
Application close date: 22/07/2019