Postdoctoral Research Assistant/ Research Associate
The Role of the Position:
The research associate will serve as a key member of the Stroke Program in the George Institute China Office, and undertake research-related tasks under supervision and other designated work to support the daily operation.
George Strategic Capabilities:
• Entrepreneurial Thinking: Appreciates others' innovative ideas and learns from them.
Receives guidance through times of change, ambiguity, and uncertainty;
• Global Mindset: Receives guidance on the importance of cultural awareness at The George. Learning about The George’s global impact;
• Impact Driven: Is learning the Institute's mission and strategy. Shows enthusiasm for work that is connected to Institute strategy.
The research associate will report to the Senior Research Fellow of the Stroke Program directly.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
As a research assistant:
• Undertake neurology/stroke and chronic disease-related research tasks under the supervision of senior research fellow, including developing study protocols, operation manuals, data management and analysis, and paper writing, etc.;
• Participate in research implementation, including providing technical training to the local research team as required, conducting site supervision, data collection coordination, and other technical tasks for the project;
• Keep routine communications with other departments within TGI and external stakeholders to support the work of team leader, and ensure the successful operation of the Stroke Program;
• Other tasks designated by the Head of Stroke Program.
As a Team Member:
• Participate in team meetings and activities;
• Participate in objective setting and performance management;
• Participate in special projects to improve processes, tools, systems, and organization of GI
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
• Master’s or higher degree in neurology, epidemiology, biostatistics, or public health;
• Experience in cerebrovascular diseases/CVD/stroke-related research or data analysis work is preferred;
• Ability to perform advanced statistical analyses, and proficient in applying the following statistical or referencing software: SAS/ STATA /R /SPSS, PASS, Python, Endnote, etc;
• Familiar with quantitative or qualitative research methods, and proficient in applying at least one type of above research methods;
• Study/research or working background in overseas institutions preferred;
• Advanced technical writing and oral presentation skills in Mandarin and English;
• Solid understanding of research and related ethical principles in the conduct of research;
• Team player, can-do attitude, and good time management;
• Great enthusiasm in research work;
• Flexibility and willingness to travel to meet with project staff and work as required to meet timelines.
We offer a flexible and inclusive work culture with excellent staff benefits including salary packaging arrangements and sound learning opportunities.
Type of career: Jobs
Application close date: 31/12/2021