The Research Fellow will report to the Senior Research Fellow directly.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
• Research (reporting to the Senior Research Fellow)
• Preparing new grant applications independently.
• Develop study protocols, operation manuals, training programs, health education materials, data collection tools and quality control plans.
• Keep routine communications with project implementation team to ensure that the academic support is given timely and key principles are followed accordingly during implementation, including technical training, study participants sampling and randomization, study monitoring, data collection coordination and other technical tasks for the project.
• Conduct or supervise the data cleaning, working closely with the data manager.
• Lead or assist the data analysis and the development of reports.
• Analyze data and prepare manuscripts for publication.
• Implementation (reporting to the Project Manager)
• Provide technical training to the local research team as required
• Participate in the study monitoring activities when required
• Responsible for data collection coordination
• Responsible for study participants randomization and other technical tasks for the project
• Manage effective communication with project relevant key stakeholders.
• Other roles required to ensure the successful implementation of study protocols.
As a Team Member:
• Participate in team meetings and activities
• Participate in objective setting and performance management
• Participate in special projects to improve processes, tools, systems and organization of GI China
Occupational Health and Safety
• Comply with OH&S legislation and operate in accordance with established OH&S practice and procedures at The George Institute
• Promote and contribute to a safe, secure environment for staff and visitors
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
• Master’s or higher degree in clinical medicine/endocrinology/health service management / epidemiology /health economics/related area, or other relevant postgraduate qualification with specialist experience in these areas.
• Minimum 3-year experience in healthcare research.
• Advanced technical writing and oral presentation skills in Mandarin and English
• Solid understanding of research and related ethical principles in the conduct of research.
• Ability to perform advanced statistical analyses.
• At least two first author (or co-first authors) papers written in English with submitted, accepted or published status in journals.
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) and negotiation skills.
• Competence with computer programs (especially MS Office; MS Word, MS Excel) and electronic communication (email and internet).
• Strong focus on quality and timely delivery of work.
• Well organized with good time management skills.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
• Personal Characteristics and Capabilities.
• Great enthusiasm in research work.
Type of career: Jobs
Application close date: 31/12/2016