Corporate Services Assistant
It is a highly customer-oriented position to provide assistance and support to The George Institute China operations and research services management
The Corporate Services Assistant reports to the Corporate Services Supervisor.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Actively source and identify qualified candidates through a variety of recruitment channels
- Administrate the on-boarding process for new hires, handling the required work, and organizing New Hire Orientation
- Help to manage the updates in OA, George people, IT and other related office systems.
- Assist building maintenance issues, specifically to coordinate response to repairs, supervise the security with the building property management
- Raise monthly reimbursements requests for vendors to make sure payment to the vendors on time.
- Assist staff and visitors to book hotels, tickets and arrange car service.
- Answer incoming calls, mails, faxes etc.
- Update fixed assets every month and send updated form to finance department and do FA physical check at least twice a year.
- Purchase business card, stationary, computers, daily consumable for the teams in China office.
- Deliver admin induction/training to staff as needed
- Maintain finance records through filing, retrieval, storage, coding, updating, scanning and tracking.
- Assist the corporate services team for internal and external audit.
- Assist the line manager in public relations and communications.
- Organize training for China office and keep the training records up-to-date.
- Be responsible for administrative duties related to events and meetings.
- Assist the line manger in achieving the best practice in research administration.
- Assist to collect information on GI China publications and presentations on quarterly basis and prepare publication summary and publication plan reports.
- Assist to collect information on GI China overall research funding opportunities and research impact.
- Assist the project teams to make sure all information in SPOT are updated.
- Support project managers in project management if necessary.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor degree or above, preferably in a related field: human resource management, business administration, finance, data science, medical related or organizational development.
- 2 years’ relevant working experience is preferred.
- Ability to be a responsive, positive and helpful resource to employee questions or concerns.
- Superior communication skills in Chinese and English.
- Be proficient in using Microsoft Office.
- Initiative in solving problems and detailed-orientated in daily work.
- A creative thinker who can bring innovation to standard operations functions.
- Be a team-worker.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to interact with different levels of people, with a sense of internal customer focus.
- Conscientious and mature in daily work, particularly in dealing with sensitive or confidential matters; and has a high level of initiative and able to work independently and reliable.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and work under pressure