主任 - 糖尿病项目
The key role of DR team is to support the development and implementation of high quality projects / initiatives in diabetes in China. The team member will participate in all phases of project development, providing advice on concept development, project management structures, logistics, capacity development activities, potential funding sources, media relations, and strategies for the dissemination of research findings to facilitate uptake into practice. Studies cover the area of epidemiology, prevention, health care and management, treatment and health economy on diabetes.
In collaboration with IDF (International Diabetes Federation) and CDS (Chinese Diabetes Society), several large-scale investigation projects have been launched to assess the incidence, care, treatment and cost of diabetes mellitus in China. Hundreds of health care facilities have been covered in these studies. Talents have academic study background are welcome to join the team.
The Program Head is required to develop and lead research at a national or international level, as team leader of the Diabetes Research Program. This research program will involve collaborations with people and organizations external to the GI at national and international levels.
The primary reporting path will be to the Associate Director of The George Institute China. The Program Head will lead work with staff on a number of projects within the Program and other Programs within the George Institute.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
Key responsibilities include:
• Provide high level oversight and contribution to all research activities of the Program.
• Develop/maintain national and international links to support the Program’s activities.
• Provide leadership, advice and support in projects, and exercise autonomy in relation to techniques, methods and procedures to achieve desired outcomes.
• Actively develop and promote the desired culture of The George Institute by ensuring all interactions, documentation and communication are conducted in a manner which supports the stated mission.
• Foster strategic research collaborations with other researchers on projects both within and external to The George Institute.
• Contribute to teaching activities within and outside the Institute.
• Directly write, and guide others in development of reports on analyses that are suitable for publication in high impact journals.
• Attend regular meetings of established projects, where appropriate.
• Lead grant writing and revenue raising for the development of new projects.
• Ensure that research being conducted is congruent with world best practice.
• Remain abreast of developments that are relevant to the Program and the Institute, providing a source of information to colleagues within the Institute.
As a Team Member:
• Participate in team meetings and activities
• Participate in objective setting and performance management
• Participate in special projects to improve processes, tools, systems and organization of GI China
Occupational Health and Safety
• Comply with OH&S legislation and operate in accordance with established OH&S practice and procedures at The George Institute
• Promote and contribute to a safe, secure environment for staff and visitors
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
• Doctoral degree in public health, medicine, economics, or related discipline is preferred
• Experience or strong potential in conducting high-quality research independently or in a team are particularly preferred
• Experience in generating external research funding
• Substantial experience of the conduct of epidemiological and/or clinical research
• Proven ability to work independently
• Advanced written and verbal communication skills in both English and Chinese
• Experience in management and supervision of post-graduate students is preferred
• Strong problem solving, analytical skills, and strategic thinking
• Strong leadership and mentoring skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well and flexibly i.e. autonomously, in small teams and with a wide range of varying stakeholders
• Ability to see the big picture, yet still focus on detail
• Ability to be flexible and adaptable in the face of changing organisational priorities and ambiguous environments.
• Strong focus on quality of work