Project Managers will responsible for managing the conduct of current projects, including management structure development, site selection, initiation, monitoring & close out, and providing general assistance to the Program Leader.
The Project Manager will report to the Senior Project Manager directly.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
• Lead Project Associates and Assistants to fulfil projects.
• Develop and maintain project timelines.
• Establish and monitor project budgets and expenditure.
• Certify site research coordinators are fully equipped to carry out the study.
• Ensure adherence to protocol and other guidelines and requirements relevant to the project.
• Certify data quality, accuracy, completeness and timeliness, routinely report the overall project status, and keep the reports available for scrutiny by Management Committee and external auditors.
• Manage all documentation for the project (including but not limited to all sponsors’ requirements, contact details, signed contracts, serious adverse event reports and ethics committee reports)
• Liaise with participating centre research staff to ensure the effective local management of the study where required.
• Managing interfaces with other groups and vendors (including but not restricted to the Research Fellows) to support data management, supplies management, laboratories, quality control etc.
• Manage staff associated with the project and lead the objective setting, performance management and position review processes for these positions eg Project Officers, Study Monitors, Research Assistants, etc.
• Actively develop and promote the desired culture of The George Institute by ensuring all interactions, documentation and communication is conducted in a manner which supports the stated Mission identified by The George Institute.
As a Team Member:
• Participate in team meetings and activities
• Participate in objective setting and performance management
• Participate in special projects to improve processes, tools, systems and organization of GI China
Occupational Health and Safety
• Comply with OH&S legislation and operate in accordance with established OH&S practice and procedures at The George Institute
• Promote and contribute to a safe, secure environment for staff and visitors
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
• A medical science or related health professional background is desirable
• At least 2 years working experience as a senior clinical associate in managing clinical research at a high level of competency
• Understanding of the importance and influence of data quality and accuracy in field investigation, population intervention and clinical research
• Excellent attention to detail and strong focus on quality of work
• Ability or previous experience managing and developing people
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well and flexibly ie autonomously, in small teams and with a wide range of varying stakeholders
• Good communication skills in speaking and written in both Chinese and English
• Good understanding of medical terminology
• Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Outlook and the Internet
• Ability to travel for site monitoring and meetings
• Ability to see the big picture, yet still focus on detail
Type of career: Jobs
Application close date: 31/10/2017