Project Manager- Digital Health
About The George Institute
The George Institute for Global Health is an internationally-recognised health research organisation, undertaking high-impact research across a broad landscape. Affiliated with several leading universities in Australia, Asia and the UK, the Institute is a global leader in research and policy on the prevention and treatment of common chronic and critical conditions such as diabetes, heart disease and trauma.
The Institute was established in 1999 and employs a global network of leading medical experts across a range of specialties, as well as other health professionals with expertise in research design, project management and statistical analysis. With a respected voice among global health agencies, the Institute has attracted significant funding support from governments, foundations and corporations in support of its work. The George Institute’s research is regularly published in the top tier of academic journals internationally and contributes to clinical and public health policy worldwide.
Our mission is to improve the health of people worldwide by:
· Providing the best evidence to guide critical health decisions
· Engaging with decision makers to enact real change
· Targeting global epidemics, particularly of chronic diseases and injury
· Focusing on vulnerable populations in both rich and poor countries
In achieving that mission, we are committed to ensuring the integration of good business practices throughout all our operations.
The Institute has grown rapidly since its inception, and currently employs approximately 450 staff at its headquarters in Sydney. The George Institute also has offices in India, China and the UK. Research is currently conducted at around 300 collaborating centres in approximately 50 countries worldwide.
The George Institute is made up of several research and development themes, divisions and programs that oversee numerous large-scale international and regional projects funded by a diverse range of sponsors, both public and private. The George Institute has also established a number of social enterprises that provide services to clients in the healthcare, pharmaceutical and biotechnology sectors worldwide. In the current financial year, the Institute’s gross revenue is expected to total around $60 million, making it one of the largest medical research institutes in Australia.
The George Institute is dedicated to the recruitment, development, and retention of the best people from around the world. The pursuit of academic, scientific and operational excellence in a “can do” culture is actively promoted in all our activities. For more information about the Institute, visit www.georgeinstitute.org
Qaulcomm Wireless Reach and The George Institute for Global Health, China co-established the China Center for mHealth Innovation (CCmHi) in 2015, a world-class center for mobile health (mHealth) innovation and advocacy that aims to improve community health care in China through the study of affordable, sustainable mHealth interventions.
Housed at The George Institute for Global Health, China, the CCmHi focuses on prototyping mHealth interventions and implementing clinical evaluations of mHealth programs.
Digital Health Research Program carries out all activities led by CCmHi. Particularly, Digital Health Research Program uses implementation science strategies to scale-up the proven effective mHealth solutions into the existing Chinese healthcare systems.
Project Managers will responsible for managing the conduct of current projects within the Digital Health Research Program, including management structure development, site selection, initiation, monitoring & close out, key stakeholder engagement and providing general assistance to the Program Director.
The Project Manager will report to the <Line Manager position>directly.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
· Lead Project Associates and Assistants to fulfil projects.
· Develop and maintain project timelines.
· Establish and monitor project budgets and expenditure.
· Certify site research coordinators are fully equipped to carry out the study.
· Ensure adherence to protocol and other guidelines and requirements relevant to the project.
· Certify data quality, accuracy, completeness and timeliness, routinely report the overall project status, and keep the reports available for scrutiny by Management Committee and external auditors.
· Manage all documentation for the project (including but not limited to all sponsors’ requirements, contact details, signed contracts, serious adverse event reports and ethics committee reports)
· Liaise with participating centre research staff to ensure the effective local management of the study where required.
· Managing interfaces with other groups and vendors (including but not restricted to the Research Fellows) to support data management, supplies management, laboratories, quality control etc.
· Manage staff associated with the project and lead the objective setting, performance management and position review processes for these positions eg Project Officers, Study Monitors, Research Assistants, etc.
· Actively develop and promote the desired culture of The George Institute by ensuring all interactions, documentation and communication is conducted in a manner which supports the stated Mission identified by The George Institute.
As a Team Member:
· Participate in team meetings and activities
· Participate in objective setting and performance management
· Participate in special projects to improve processes, tools, systems and organization of GI China
Occupational Health and Safety
· Comply with OH&S legislation and operate in accordance with established OH&S practice and procedures at The George Institute
· Promote and contribute to a safe, secure environment for staff and visitors
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
· A medical science or related health professional background is desirable
· At least 2 years working experience as a senior clinical associate in managing clinical research at a high level of competency
· Understanding of the importance and influence of data quality and accuracy in field investigation, population intervention and clinical research
· Excellent attention to detail and strong focus on quality of work
· Ability or previous experience managing and developing people
· Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well and flexibly ie autonomously, in small teams and with a wide range of varying stakeholders
· Good communication skills in speaking and written in both Chinese and English
· Good understanding of medical terminology
· Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and the Internet
· Ability to travel for site monitoring and meetings
· Ability to see the big picture, yet still focus on detail
Please send your CV in English and Chinses to email@example.com with the subject of "Application of Project Mananger- Digital Health" before December 31, 2018.
Type of career: Jobs
Application close date: 31/12/2018