The Research Associate will carry out research related work at the stage of research application, implementation and publication under the guidance of senior research fellow.
The Research Associate will report to the Head of Nutrition lifestyle Program directly.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Develop study protocols, operation manuals, training programmes, health education materials, data collection tools and quality control plans.
- Keep routine communications with project implementation team to ensure that the academic support is given timely and key principles are followed accordingly during implementation, including technical training, study participants sampling and randomization, study monitoring, data collection coordination and other technical tasks for the project.
- Conduct or supervise the data cleaning, working closely with the data manager.
- Conduct the data analysis and the development of reports.
- Write academic papers and publish in academic journals.
- Provide technical training to the local research team as required
- Participate in the study monitoring activities when required
- Responsible for data collection coordination
- Responsible for study participants randomization and other technical tasks for the project
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
- Master’s or higher degree in nutrition and food hygiene / epidemiology and health statistics/ behavioral health /health economics / preventive medicine / public health / global health related area, or other relevant postgraduate qualification with specialist experience in these areas.
- Working background in implementation research of prevention and control of noncommunicable diseases or in mHealth preferred.
- Advanced technical writing and oral presentation skills in Mandarin and English
- Solid understanding of research and related ethical principles in the conduct of research
- Competence with computer programs (especially MS Office; MS Word, MS Excel) and electronic communication (email and internet).
- Ability to perform advanced statistical analyses
- Personal Characteristics and Capabilities
- Great enthusiasm in research work
- Flexibility and willingness to travel to meet with project staff and work as required to meet timelines